- [The lover says:] How beautiful you are, now that you love me.
- It’s easy to halve the potato where there’s love.
- If evolution were true, mothers would have more than two hands. Only God gave us eyes in the back of our heads and the power to tune things out.
- I told you, sir, they were red-hot with drinking; so full of valor that they smote the air, for breathing in their faces, beat the ground for kissing of their feet.
- I drink to make other people interesting.
- We were given: Two hands to hold. To legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find.
- I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.